Thursday, May 15, 2008

Beijing beef anyone???

Have you tried the new Beijing Beef at Panda! Wow….pretty good stuff.

Ya know, I’ve been going to panda for quit some time for lunch and when the got their new ‘Beijing beef’ I had to try it. Really, really good. The sauce it is covered in has got a nice kick to it. It’s cooked up in a wok with green and red peppers and onions. Quite tasty.

So, today, I’m at lunch with 3 of my groupies and 3 of us got the panda. I went for a split entrée of the noodles and rice, a side of Beijing beef and Orange chicken. I’ve had this meal many a times.

Today, as I’m enjoying my Beijing beef, I notice that a piece of beef had been folded over onto itself as it was cooked in the spicy sauce. I opened it up and exposed the actual color of the beef. What I found was quit surprising. The ‘beef’ did not look like normal beef. Normal as in what an Americans definition of beef is. Cow. This beef is not cow. It is something else. Next time you have the Beijing beef, look at it. Feel the texture in your mouth. Very different from cow beef.

So, this begs the question…What is ‘Beijing’ beef?

We know that Beijing is in China. And we know that in China, they eat dog. So this leads me to believe that Panda is selling dog meat and calling it Beijing beef. They wouldn’t be lying if this would be the case. I mean, ‘Beijing’ beef to me WOULD be dog. Just like ‘American’ beef is cow. So I can’t fault them for that. But….I had to know for sure, whether or not I was eating dog. So, I question the all knowing internet. I could not have been more wrong....

‘What is Beijing beef?’

One of the first sites that I noticed in the head lines that defined Beijing beef was the Urban Dictionary. Here is what I found….


1. Beijing beef

To perform intercourse so vigorously that the female is forced to squint.

"She requested a double entree platter of Beijing Beef, and I was happy to serve her up."

Here's the link:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beijing+beef

I will never order Beijing beef with a straight face again….but yes…I will order it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I finally got a chance to order the Beijing beef at Panda, and now I can't order it without gigling to myself.