Thursday, March 13, 2008

I got my fill just in time!

HEY !!! I did it! I finally filled up my car with gas the day BEFORE the MASSIVE price gouging occurred! WOO HOO! Prices went from a rock bottom $2.97/gal to not only surpass the $3.00 mark, but blew it out of the oil drum at an amazing $3.13 per gallon! Do the math on that. I'll wait.....OK - long enough. If you didn't get it figured out, that's $0.16 cent increase! SIXTEEN CENTS PER GALLON! I realize other places around the country are much higher than that right now, but I know you all feel my pain when the prices jump like this. Some may say, 'when you're paying 3 bucks a gallon, what's another 16 cents?' Well, on the other hand, I don't think anyone that pays for gasoline would say that at all. What was I thinking.
The thing that REALLY sucks about this, and I shouldn't complain to much because It was my decision, is I sold my little bet up old 4 banger car for an 8 cyl. 5.9 liter Durango! I went from spending $30 a week on gas, to over $130! That, my friends, is a killer for me. I need to sell this gas sucking machine as soon as possible!

Hope you all have a happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: